Saturday, November 17, 2012

Difference between "find", "search" and "seek"

Find 
"Find" means to discover, understand, feel or become aware of something.
  • I have found a good restaurant near the office.
  • I found my glasses under the table.
  • He found great comfort in his work.
  • I often find myself thinking about her.

Search
"Search" means to look for something thoroughly in a place.
  • Police searched for clues in the area.
  • He has been searching his key all day.
  • She searched the Web for information about the car.
  • He searched her face, hoping to see some glimmer of emotion.

Seek
"Seek" means to look for something which is not a physical object.
  • Are you actively seeking jobs?
  • I think it's time we sought legal advice.
  • The company is seeking new ways to improve service.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...